- 1. Purpose of Cigar Navi
- Cigar Navi and Cigar Map (collectively “Cigar Navi”) has been established by ZEQOO,Inc. (“the Company”) with the purpose of publishing comments and images (“Reviews”) contributed by Cigar Navi users (“Users”) regarding cigar-related stores and other locations (“Cigar Venues”), allowing other Users to use that information when searching for or choosing a Cigar Venue.
- 2. Membership Registration
- Users may apply for a registered User (“Member”) account following a registration process. The contents available to Members and to unregistered Users may vary. The Company reserves the right to determine and change the contents and services provided at Cigar Navi at any time.
- 3. Security
- Information transmitted as part of the registration process is encrypted using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which is currently the most reliable form of Internet communication encryption, to ensure that the transmitted data cannot be seen by a third party. Additionally, anti-virus software is used as protection from computer viruses and malware.
- 4. Account Registration and Management
- Users are responsible for the registration and management of their login account username and password. The Company is not liable for any damages that may be caused due to inadequate management of account information, misuse, or use by a third party. Additionally, Users are responsible for the utilization of services pertaining to their account (including those provided by the Company, collectively as “Related Services”), and the utilization of Related Services must comply with the terms and conditions provided by the Related Services’ operators. The Company is not liable for any damages or problems with the Related Services’ operators that may arise due to the use of Related Services.
- 5. Privacy
a. Handling of Personal Information
(ii) Purposes of Utilization
The Company acquires certain personal information from Users to the extent necessary to provide Cigar Navi to its Users. The purposes of utilization of such personal information are as follows:
- (1) User verification during login
- (2) Providing information regarding products and services provided by the Company and affiliated companies, in the form of mail, telephone and email and other means
- (3) Preparation of statistical data, in a form where individual users cannot be identified, to promote the Company’s services
- (4) To contact Users as necessary regarding Cigar Navi
(iii) Provision to Third Parties
The Company will not disclose personal information regarding Users with a third party, with the exception of the following cases:
(1) When the User has given their consent
- (2) When the information has been converted into a form where individual users cannot be identified
- (3) When the disclosure is based on laws and regulations
- (4) When the disclosure is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, health or property and it is difficult to obtain the User’s consent
- (5) When disclosure is essential in promoting public health or the sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the User’s consent
- (6) When disclosure is required to cooperate with a national or regional governmental organ, or an entity delegated with legal powers by such organ, and when requesting the User’s consent may interfere with the former’s ability to perform their duties
- (1) When the User has given their consent
The Company may outsource a part or the whole of personal information obtained, after necessary measures for its protection has been taken, and to the extent necessary for the aforementioned Purposes of Utilization.
(v) Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, and Termination
Users may request a notification regarding the purposes of utilization of their personal information, or its correction, addition, deletion, or the termination of their account. In such cases, the Company will contact the User in the method specified under (4) of Purposes of Utilization.
Users who do not fill out all of the items of personal information may not be able to use a part of or the whole of Cigar Navi.
b. Cookies and Web Beacons
To improve the services offered to Users, Cigar Navi may utilize cookies and web beacons.
Users restricting or blocking cookies under browser settings may receive only limited service from Cigar Navi. Users may not be able to restrict the use of web beacons. Details of cookies and web beacons are as follows:
Cookies are a system for the website provider to temporarily record data on the viewer’s computer through the browser. Cookies may contain information such as information on the User, the date and time of the viewer’s last visit, and the number of times the User has visited the website. Cookies allow the website to distinguish User, verify and authenticate users, and to customize services for each user.
(1) Disabling (opting out) cookies for website analysis
(2) Cookies for advertisement delivery
Cigar Navi utilizes advertisement services provided by the following operators to deliver effective and relevant advertisements. Each service utilizes cookies for the sole purpose of delivering advertisements effectively, and does not do so for any other purpose, including collecting personal information. To disable these cookies, please refer to the following pages for procedures and disable them accordingly.
- (1) Disabling (opting out) cookies for website analysis
(ii) Web Beacons
Web beacons are transparent image files and scripts used to track User activity, identifying Users, and obtaining statistical data on User access and activity.
(iii) Use for IR purposes
The company may disclose for IR purposes information obtained via cookies and web beacons such as the number of visitors, page views and other statistical data.
- (i) Cookies
- a. Handling of Personal Information
- 6. Use of Cigar Navi
a. Prohibition of Reproduction and Resale
- (i) Users are forbidden from using or accessing Cigar Navi, in part or entirely, for the purpose of sales activities and other for-profit activities, similar activities or in preparation for such activities. The use and access of Cigar Navi for religious and political activities is also forbidden.
- (ii) Users are forbidden from reproducing or using Reviews submitted to Cigar Navi without the contributor’s authorization.
- (iii) Excluding cases permitted by these Terms, such as when the contributor of a Review has authorized its use, the Company reserves the right to claim any profit or benefits gained through the unauthorized use of Reviews on Cigar Navi.
- b. Change and Termination of Cigar Navi The Company may change Cigar Navi at its discretion. Furthermore, please note that in the case of emergency, disaster and other dire circumstances the Company may terminate Cigar Navi. The company is not liable for any damages or inconveniences that may occur to Users or third parties due to changes in or the termination of Cigar Navi.
c. Equipment and environment required to use Cigar Navi
For Users to use Cigar Navi, they must have internet access. Users are responsible for acquiring and operating the necessary equipment and software at their own expense. The Company is not responsible for and will not have involvement in the abovementioned matters.
d. Submitting Reviews and Copyright
- (i) Users must be a registered Member to submit Reviews on Cigar Navi.
- (ii) Members must comply with and follow the Company’s Review Guideline when submitting a Review. The Review Guideline form a part of these Terms , and these Terms include those Guidelines.
- (iii) Upon submitting a Review to Cigar Navi, the contributing Member agrees to authorize the reproduction, public transmission, distribution, translation, adoption and other rights under Copyright Law (including but not limited to the right to sub-license the Review to third parties), free of charge until the expiration date of the copyright in question.
- (iv) Members are held responsible for and must warrant that they possess or fulfill the necessary rights or authorization for the reproduction, public transmission, distribution, translation, adoption and other rights under Copyright Law regarding their Review. Please take caution to ensure the contents of a Review do not infringe on Copyright Law. Furthermore, when quoting, referencing or in any other way utilizing works by a third party in a Review, Users are responsible for acquiring the necessary rights and authorizations required to fulfill the preceding item (iii) at their own expense. The Company assumes the necessary criteria has been met for all Reviews and will hold the contributor of a Review liable for any damages due to Copyright infringement.
- (v) The Company or third parties sub-licensed by the Company may use Reviews submitted by Mmebers as content for Cigar Navi or affiliated websites. In the process, the Company may summarize or quote the Review, and resize or crop images submitted as part of a Review. Additionally, the Company may display the username of the contributing User. Although the Company will take great caution when utilizing Reviews for such purposes, should the abovementioned alterations violate the reputation or credit of the contributing Member, please contact the Company immediately.
- (vi) The use of Members’ Reviews by the Company or sub-licensed third parties is not subject to regional limitations, Copyright notice obligations, and other conditions and limitations. Authorization for its use is valid until the expiration date of the corresponding Review’s copyright, and no royalties or any other charges may occur due to this agreement.
- (vii) The Company is not liable for any damages that may occur to Memberss or third parties due to the use of their Reviews by the Company or sub-licensed third parties.
e. Connection with third party services
- (i) When submitting a Review, Members may choose to share their Review with a third party service such as Twitter or Facebook. Members using this feature agree to allow the Company to submit the Review on behalf of the Member, and in the process, post the URL of the Review on the third party service. The Company may request Members access to these services when logging in through Cigar Navi, and this feature may only be used if the Member gives permission for such access.
- (ii) Members must follow the terms and policies defined by the operators of third party services when using such services, including registration and linking services to share Reviews.
- (iii) When using third party services, Members are responsible for its use and the Company is not liable for any damages or troubles with the operator which may occur as a result.
- a. Prohibition of Reproduction and Resale
- 7. Disclaimer
Users are responsible for their use of Cigar Navi and must agree to the following.
a. Cigar Venue and Product Information
The Company does not guarantee any of the information regarding Cigar Venues or products. We recommend Users to confirm information such as operating hours, address, and closed days in person when making reservations or making a purchase, or before going out. The Company is not liable for nor will be involved with any damages or inconveniences which may occur regarding the information posted on Cigar Navi.
If you find incorrect or misleading information on Cigar Navi, please contact us immediately.
b. Content of Reviews
The Company does not guarantee the content, including accuracy and safety, of any of the Reviews submitted to Cigar Navi. Users must exercise their own judgment when referring to any Reviews for information. The Company is not liable for nor be involved with any damages (including but not limited to computer viruses), trouble or inconveniences which may occur due to Reviews published on Cigar Navi.
c. Linked Websites
The Company does not guarantee the content, including accuracy and safety, of third party websites linked from Cigar Navi. Please exercise your own judgment when viewing or using such websites. The Company is not liable for nor be involved with any damages or trouble which may occur regarding websites linked from Cigar Navi.
d. Deletion of Reviews
Cigar Navi is a website based upon responsible and informative Reviews by our Members. However, to maintain a pleasant and appealing environment for our Users, we may delete without prior warning Reviews which the Company determines falls into, entirely or partially, any of the following criteria. Please note that the Company will not delete any Reviews shared on third party services outside of our jurisdiction.
- (ii) Reviews violating public order and morality
- (iii) Reviews inconsistent with the purpose of Cigar Navi, or irrelevant to Cigar Venues or products (excludes diaries)
- (iv) Reviews containing or leading to dangerous or malicious programs or scripts
- (v) Reviews intended for sales and other for-profit activity, transactions, advertisements, and similar activities
- (vi) Reviews deemed inappropriate by the Company, such as the obstruction of Cigar Navi’s operation
e. Maps and Location Data
- a. Cigar Venue and Product Information
- 8. Copyright, Property Rights and Other Rights
- a. Copyright, property rights and other rights for the information, trademarks, images, advertisements, designs and other intellectual property displayed on Cigar Navi belong to the Company or its rightful and lawful owners.
- b. Cigar Navi and all software used in relation to Cigar Navi include the property rights protected by the laws and regulations pertaining to intellectual property.
- c. Users are forbidden from the reproduction, edition, modification, publication, distribution, public transmission, sale, translation, adaption and any other form of use of Cigar Navi and its contents unless authorized by the Company or the rightful and lawful holders of its copyright, property rights and other rights, or permitted to use without authorization by the laws and regulations pertaining to intellectual property.
- d. The Company is not liable for any damages which may occur due to the violation of the preceding items. Furthermore, the Company reserves the right to claim any profit or benefits gained through the unauthorized use of Reviews on Cigar Navi.
- 9. Prohibited Conduct
a. Users of Cigar Navi are prohibited from the following conducts:
- (i) The reproduction, duplication, transmission, distribution, or resale through the copying, reproduction or other methods of the contents of Cigar Navi, including its storage for the above purposes, without prior consent and authorization from the Company nor exemption by law, regulation, or these Terms or Review Guideline
- (ii) The violation of these Terms, including the Review Guidelines
- (iii) The violation of public order and morality
- (iv) The contribution of Reviews and other conduct related to or may lead to illegal or dangerous activities, antisocial behavior and any other activity which may infringe upon restrictions or rights.
- (v) The violation of other Users’ or third parties’ intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademarks, patents, and knowhow
- (vi) The illegal violation of other Users’ or third parties’ rights and interests, including conduct which may illegally violate such rights and interest
- (vii) The obstruction of the operation of Cigar Navi, or damaging the Company’s credit and reputation
- (viii) The registration of false information in a Member account
- (ix) The registration or use of multiple Member accounts
- (x) The unauthorized use of other Members’ account information such as username and password, or allowing others to use your account information
- (x) The unauthorized use of other Members’ account information such as username and password, or allowing others to use your account information
- (xii) Other conduct deemed inappropriate by the Company
- b. Conduct found in violation of the above items, and any other conduct determined inappropriate in regard to the intent and purposes of Cigar Navi by the Company may result in the termination of the Member account, restriction from Cigar Navi and any other actions deemed necessary by the company. The Company may determine and exercise such actions at its own discretion, and without prior warning or notice. Furthermore, the Company is not required to disclose the reasons behind such actions and is not liable for any damages or inconveniences which may occur.
- a. Users of Cigar Navi are prohibited from the following conducts:
- 10. Account Termination
- a. Members wishing to withdraw from membership and terminate their account must take the procedures defined by the Company.
- b. Members lose all rights and granted privileges pertaining to their account upon its termination.
- c. Members agree that the Reviews contributed through their account will not be deleted regardless of the termination of their account.
- d. Articles 4 (Account Registration and Management), 5 (Privacy), 6 (Utilization of Cigar Navi) items a,b,d,e, 7 (Disclaimer), 8 (Copyright, Property Rights and Other Rights), 9 (Prohibited Behaviour), and 12 (Law and Jurisdiction) of these Terms will remain active and valid regardless of a Member’s termination of their account, and the termination of the agreements pertaining to these Terms between the Member and the Company.
- 11. Amendment of these Terms
- The Company reserves the right to revise and change these Terms. In such circumstances, the Company will notify the amendment to Users through Cigar Navi or any other means deemed appropriate by the Company. Such amendments become active and valid upon notification, and Users agree to the amendments accordingly.
- 12. Laws and Jurisdiction
- These Terms are interpreted in accordance with the laws and regulations of Japan. In the case of litigation regarding these Terms, the Tokyo District Court will be the agreed court of first instance with exclusive jurisdiction.
- 13. Inquiry
- For any questions and other inquiries, please contact the Company using the form below.